Now I have to admit that as I work from home the majority of the time these days that this doesn't necessarily apply to me. Although I will be making a conscious effort to switch the computer off before the late hours of the evening and put down my phone - unplug myself so to speak and do something different. In fact I plan on going to a tap dancing class with a friend! Yes tap, my friend and I both used to dance when we were younger so we thought we'd dust off those dancing shoes and give a local adult tap class a go - so wish me luck!
That's what I have planned but I thought I'd make a short list of ideas below, things that maybe you might like to do with your time when you leave the office behind on time tomorrow afternoon. So here are some simple thoughts:
- Take a walk - If the weather is good why not take yourself off on a nice long walk and get some fresh air. Explore the countryside or city around you and spend a little time switching off. You might want to check out this post for some ideas: Hidden History
- Cycle - again weather permitting a great alternative to a walk could be hopping on your bike and taking a leisurely cycle around your local area.
- Exercise - similar to the above but why not try out a new form of exercise. Maybe a dance class (like me!) or something else equally unusual and completely out of your comfort zone! You may find some interesting ideas here: Active
- Meet with a friend - we all have those 'I haven't seen you for so long' conversations now and again with dear friends who we really need to touch base with. Why not make tomorrow the evening to go see someone you haven't seen for a while and catch up on all the goss!
- Spend time with your family - if you have children or if you just have family members that you haven't had a chance to catch up with recently why not make tomorrow evening a time to spend some quality time with them.
- Relax - of course you may just really be in need of some decent time for you. How about running a bath, lighting some candles, reading a good book or magazine. Or try a yoga class to help you meditate and switch off. Perhaps book yourself in for a treat such as a relaxing massage. Anything that will really help you to unwind and take some much needed time for yourself. For some tips on relaxation you may like this previous post: Relax
So those are just a few very simple ideas but I hope they get you thinking. Let me know if you have any other great suggestions and whatever you do I hope you have a great and fulfilling evening!
Tweet using - #GHOTD #WhatWillYouBeDoing